Town of Colburn
Chippewa County, Wisconsin
Ordinance No. 19B
Repealing Town of Colburn Ordinance No . 19.A, entitled,
Telecommunication Tower Ordinance.
The Town Board of the Town of Colburn pursuant to its authority hereby repeals the Town of Colburn, Telecommunication Tower Ordinance 19A as the Town Board no longer wishes to restrict telecommunication towers in the Town and wishes to conform to 66 .0404 Wis . Stats . Adopted this 3rd day of September, 2013 .
Colburn, Town of - ORDINANCE NO.: 19A
Subject: Telecommunication Tower Ordinance
WHEREAS At the 6th day of August, 2002 meeting of the Town of Colburn a motion was
made by Robert Callahan, seconded by Arthur Sime, and carried for the Colburn Town Board to adopt the following Communication Tower Ordinance with regard to the Telecommunications Act of 1996.
The Town of Colburn chooses to regulate the placement , location , and modification of communication towers to include the following :
1. Public Notification: All wireless communication tower companies shall notify the Colburn Town Board of any plans to construct or modify wireless towers , and are required to notify landowners adjacent to the tower sites of any construction plans.
2. Public Hearings: All wireless communication tower companies must send a company representative to a Colburn Town Board meeting to submit plans and to answer town board and citizen questions regarding any proposed tower . The company must provide detailed drawings and engineering blueprints of the tower design and will provide complete tower specifications. The company shall also submit a computer generated photograph of a proposed tower to show the visual impact on the proposed tower site. The company will also explain who the proposed communication companies will be and what the transmission capabilities of the communication equipment will be.
3. Payment of Town Costs: Wireless communication tower companies shall pay a permit cost of $500 , pay up to $2000 in Town costs incurred in an engineering review of initial plans , and the company will also submit a $20 ,000 deposit to the Town of Colburn to cover town oosts of removal of a towe r and adjoining support facilities in the event the communication hardware is out of service for six (6) months . The $20,000 deposit is refunded if the tower company removes the structure within six (6) months of not using the communication equipment.
4. Tower Height: Tower height shall be limited to 180 feet and monopole structures should be the first option. Carriers can locate antennae in any manner necessary if the height of the tower is below 180 feet, unless the applicant can demonstrate to the satisfaction of the Colburn Town Board that a greater height is necessary to provide coverage meeting the minimum requirements of the Federal Communication Commission License(s).
5. Tower Location: Locate no wireless communication tower closer to another landowner's property than the leasing landowner's residence, unless the adjoining landowners approve of the location in written signature . Allow a fall zone between landowners of twice the tower's height in the event of a tower collapse.
6. Light Pollution: Light pollution from towers should be minimized using shielded lighting. The lights should be visible to aircraft, but the impact of lighting to residents on the ground shall be minimized. No flashing daytime strobe light will be allowed.
7. Existing Structures: Whenever possible, wireless service facilities should be mounted on suitable existing structures.
8. Permit Approval: Permit approval will be given by the Colburn Town Board only upon meeting all requirements of Section 1 - 7 of this ordinance.
Dated this 6th day of August, 2002
Attest: I, __Alice M. Sime__, Colburn Town Clerk, do hereby testify that the above
Ordinance No. 19A was adopted by the Town Board of Colburn, Chippewa County, State
of Wisconsin on the __6th__ day of __August__, 2002.